Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Nobody puts Baby in a corner.

"I want John Cusack holding a boombox outside my window. I wanna ride off on a lawnmower with Patrick Dempsey. I want Jake from Sixteen Candles waiting outside the church for me. I want Judd Nelson thrusting his fist into the air because he knows he got me. Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie. But no, no, John Hughes did not direct my life"

But then again, there's that line between fantasy and reality.
Honestly, all I really want is love.
Being me is a lot harder than you think. You may think that I have it all together. You may think I have no emotions so I don't get hurt or confused or anything like that. My life is more complicated than you think. Here's the low down. Walking down the hall -- Girls: "Omg. She's such a slut." Guys: "Can I get your number?" <----- constantly. Its so degrading. Just because I like to meet new people and I smile and laugh a lot that some how makes me a prostitute? I lost two of my best friends this year. It was absolutely the most hardest thing I've ever gone through. They played "I Won't Let Go by Rascal Flatts" at their memorial. Every time I hear this song I start crying. I still have their numbers in my phone. Not a day goes by that I don't think about them. Its so hard to go through just one day dealing with all the inconsiderate people and also mourn the loss of your two friends. I guess its all just making me stronger. Its making me a better person. Its telling me to cherish the people you have in your life. To thank all the people that have put you down cause they made you into the person you are today. To look around and just say thanks. All I really want is for someone to care and say they understand. That's all. Is that really too much to ask for?

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie."

1 comment:

  1. You got it, Baby! Now get out of that corner!

    ReplyDelete